Sole Meuniére whole Dover sole on the bone
To Serve 4
- 4 ea Whole Black/Dover Sole
- 1 ea Finely Diced Red Onion
- 20g Fine Capers
- 2 ea Lemons Juiced
- 400g Unsalted Butter
- 20g Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- Begin with the sole itself, ask your fishmonger to skin and trim your sole ready for roasting but keep the trimmings to make the sauce. Melt the butter in a pot over a low heat until the milk solids have fallen to the bottom.
- Using a brush paint the fish on both sides with plenty of butter but only from the top of the pot, season with a little salt and pepper before placing on a roasting tray and into a preheated oven at 180 degrees. This should take no more than 12 minutes to cook through. Once cooked squeeze a little lemon juice over and allow to rest a little before serving.
- To make the butter, sauté the fish trimmings in a wide-based pan with a little of the butter until the butter begins to brown. Add a squeeze of lemon and the remaining butter. Pass through a fine sieve into a serving dish and finish with a little chopped flat leaf parsley
- To Serve: Place the Sole in the centre of the plate and spoon plenty of the butter down the centre of the fish, garnish with a little lemon and pea shoots or a sprig of parsley. Served with a little wilted spinach alongside, BEAUTIFUL!