Watercress, wild garlic and potato soup
- 4 portions
- 1 bunch Wild Garlic(Washed well)
- 200ml Vegetable oil
- 1 bunch Wild Watercress
- .5 bunch Sorrel
- 50g Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 ea Large Leek
- 2 ea Celery Sticks
- 200g Peeled and Chopped Potatoes
- 400 ml Vegetable Stock
- Olive Oil
- Drizzle a little oil into a large pot and place over a medium heat.
- Add in the chopped leeks, celery and onions and cook slowly until they have softened.
- Add the stock and the potatoes and bring this to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Now add the watercress and sorrel. Continue to simmer for a minute or two, just to soften all of the leaves.
- Add the soup to a jug blender and blend until smooth. Check the seasoning and pour into a hot bowl.
- Using a hand blender or the jug blender add the garlic leaves and vegetable oil, a little salt and blend until a smooth paste.
- Garnish with a few drizzles of the rocket pesto and some micro watercress leaves